Danby 120 Can Beverage Center, Stainless Steel DBC120BLS
The Danby dbc120bls Beverage Center Fridge Stainless Steel… could it be the answer to your home beer chilling needs!?
It is always a good ideas to have a refreshing beverage chilled and ready to go. Cans and bottles can take up a lot of precious refrigerator space. If you like to entertain, have guests drop by, or simply enjoy having perfectly chilled beverages on hand, it is worth having a dedicated beverage center.
A great option available on the market is the Danby dbc120bls Beverage Center Fridge in Stainless Steel. A #1 best seller on Amazon, you can check out all the great reviews here:
Click to read more reviews of the Danby 120 Can Beverage Center on Amazon.
With the Danby Beverage Center, you can be ready for guests or the big game anytime. No home bar, entertainment room or rec room can be complete without a mini-fridge.
Let’s take a look at what makes this particular item a great buy!
PS- You definitely don’t want to miss the recommended upgrades- click here to skip to the end to read!
- 1 Danby 120 Can Beverage Center, Stainless Steel DBC120BLS
- 1.1 Specifics of the Danby dbc120bls Beverage Center Fridge in Stainless Steel
- 1.2 The Good and The Not So Good
- 1.3 Secret Upgrades
- 1.4 So is the Danby 120 Can Beverage Center Fridge DBC120BLS Right for Me?
- 1.5 Click HERE to purchase the Danby dbc120bls Beverage Center Fridge in Stainless Steel on Amazon.
Specifics of the Danby dbc120bls Beverage Center Fridge in Stainless Steel
The Danby 120 Bottle Beverage Center is a great mid-line beverage refrigerator. For the price, you really can’t beat all of the features it offers:
- 3.3 cu. ft.(120 Can) capacity beverage center
- Temperature range of 6°C – 14°C (43°F – 57°F)
- Mechanical thermostat
- 3.5 black wire shelves
- Tempered glass door with stainless steel trim
- Recessed side mount door handle
- Integrated lock with key
- Door activated interior light
- Reversible door hinge for left or right hand opening
The Good and The Not So Good
The Price. You can check the current price on Amazon here. You will pay a lot more for other brands of beverage centers that have this capacity. Or, you could stay in this price range, but other options will not have near the capacity that the Danby offers. Most other options in this price range hold only 18-20 bottles, far less than what you can get into the Danby!
Adjustable Temperature. The Danby 120 has a temperature range that will cool a wide range of assorted beers. For aging beers, the target temperature is somewhere between 50-60 degrees Fahrenheit. Many centers on the market offer 50 degrees as the lowest temperature.
This mean that these units have to work at full capacity to maintain optimal temperature. The larger temperature range that the Danby offers a better buffer zone to keep your beers aging at the perfect temperature.
Removable Shelves. You can choose your own layout thanks to removable shelves! You can store your corked bottles upright – best practice when it comes to storing beer.
Keep in mind with this layout, you may not be able to fit in the standard 120 bottles. However, you can reasonably configure the shelves to fit close to 50 upright bottles. Of course this depends on the bottle size.
We love that the flexible layout allows you to adjust the shelves to fit your specific beer stash!
Warranty. Danby does offer a standard, 12 months parts and labor coverage with in-home service warranty. Installation and/or yearly maintenance (cleaning) are not covered under warranty.
The Not So Good:
Rear Vent. This unit rear-venting, so if installing in existing cabinetry, allow for extra space.
Not Icy Cold, Chilled. This center should not be confused with a mini-fridge. A typical refrigerator runs around 38-40 degrees. While this is close to the lowest setting on the Danby, this unit is really meant for storing beer- ideally at 50-55 degrees.
If you aren’t worried about aging your home brew, you can still store beers in this unit. Set your Danby 120 to it at a slightly lower temperature, about 45 degrees or so.
The door is made to open on the left as a default, but you can modify it to open on the right.
The interior of the Danby is lit. This interior light is triggered when you open the door. There is a small toggle at the top that can shift so that the light will stay on all the time. This gives the center a “lit” look.
There are a couple of “accessories” that will enhance your user experience, without much additional cost.
- The shelves are made of a wire mesh. To avoid tipping of cans and bottles, add these flexible chopping mats to the shelves. If you place the shiny side down, and the matte side up, the bottles will be able to easily glide on the mat. Flexible Chopping Mats 4 Pack.
- Add this string of LED lights. They run on a battery pack that nestles perfectly on the second shelf. Rtgs Micro LED 20 Super Bright Cold White Color Lights Battery Operated on 7.5 Ft Long Silver Color Ultra Thin String Wire [NEWEST VERSION] + 100% RTGS Products Satisfaction Guarantee
- If you don’t want to have your center on the floor, you can set it on this end table: DHP Parsons Modern End Table, Black Wood Grain. To avoid straining all the way to the floor to grab a cold one, consider giving the unit a lift!
So is the Danby 120 Can Beverage Center Fridge DBC120BLS Right for Me?
For the price, this is one of the best beverage centers you can buy. With it’s roomy storage and flexible shelving, it can accommodate almost any drinking arrangement you might need! Make your Danby exceptional with the addition of a the recommended add-ons.
Danby 120 Can Beverage Center, Stainless Steel DBC120BLS is perfect for the home brewer, beer-lover, entertainer or thirst-enthusiast!
Click HERE to purchase the Danby dbc120bls Beverage Center Fridge in Stainless Steel on Amazon.