For the craft beer enthusiast, there is nothing better than being able to enjoy a fresh pour of your own draught.
Bottles are good, and growlers are okay, but if you really want to enjoy all your hard crafted efforts, a kegerator is the ultimate way to go.
Next time you are watching the game, or have a few friends over, think about how good it will taste to have your own beer, perfectly poured within arms reach.
A kegerator is a must for any serious home-brew enthusiast. With many reasonably priced kegerators on the market, it can be time consuming research all the options. Fortunately, we have done all that work for you, so you can get to that perfect pour even sooner.
Edgestar is well known in the beverage industry for making a variety of affordable and reliable wine coolers and kegerators. One of the more popular line of kegerators they offer is the KC2000 series.
We will break down some of the important points of each model. Feel free to use the table of contents to skip to the kegerator you want to know more about.
- 1 EdgeStar Full Size Kegerator and Keg Beer Cooler KC2000
- 1.1 Specifications of the Edgestar KC2000
- 1.2 What’s In the Box:
- 1.3 Acceptable Configurations:
- 1.4 EdgeStar Full Size Stainless Steel Dual Tap Kegerator & Draft Beer Dispenser – Stainless Steel KC2000SSTWIN
- 1.5 EdgeStar Full Size Dual Tap Kegerator with Digital Display – Black and Stainless Steel
- 1.6 Edgestar Ultra Low Temp Home Brew Dual Tap Kegerator with Kegs – Black and Stainless Steel
- 1.7 Purchase the Edgestar Dual Tap Kegerator with Digital Display Now
EdgeStar Full Size Kegerator and Keg Beer Cooler KC2000
The Edgestar KC2000 kegerator is an obvious choice for anyone looking to dive into storing their own home brews.
This model can dip to temperatures near the low 30’s, which makes it one of the coldest kegerators available on the market.
Specifications of the Edgestar KC2000
- This units holds US Standard 1/4 and 1/2 Kegs. Keep in mind the KC2000 will not hold Coors, Miller, rubberized or any other type of oversized keg.
- Actual temperature range for the kegerator is from the low 30’s to the mid 40’s. You can easily keep your brew icy cold… or slightly warmer. Totally up to your own preference!
- Easy conversion to a refrigerator; 5 lbs CO2 cylinder included but supplied empty.
- Dimensions: 48 1/2 x 20 1/10 x 24 13/16 (height includes the draft tower), internal dimensions: Internal Dimensions: 28″ H x 16 3/4″ W x 15 1/2″ D
- 90 Day Warranty is offered on labor, and 1 year on parts.
- This unit is for freestanding use only, but it does include casters for easy mobility.
What’s In the Box:
1 Stainless Steel Column Draft Tower
2 Chrome Plated Brass Faucet
3 Domestic “D” System Sankey Coupler
4 Single Gauge Regulator
5 5 ft. of 3/16 in. I.D. NSF Approved Beer Line
6 5 ft. of 5/16 in. I.D. Vinyl Air Line
7 5 lb. Aluminum CO2 tank (Empty)
8 Drip Tray
9 Spanner Faucet Wrench
10 Black Tap Handle
- (1) Full Size Keg, 1/2 Barrel (124 pints)
- (1) Pony Keg, 1/4 Barrel (62 pints)
- (1) Slim-Pony Keg, 1/4 Barrel (62 pints)
- Up to (2) Sixth Barrel kegs, (42 pints each)
- Up to (2) Cornelius Homebrew kegs, (40 pints each)
This unit is meant for residential use, and is not intended for outdoor use.
Whether you are an experienced craft brewer, and don’t want to invest in a commercial kegerator, or a newbie simply looking to enjoy their first pour, this is an excellent kegerator.
The Edgestar KC2000 is available in Black or a Stainless Steel Finish. You are going to find the best price on Amazon- while not included in Prime (sorry, no two day shipping on these guys), it does ship for free.
The Edgestar KC2000 is also available in a DUAL tap model:
EdgeStar Full Size Stainless Steel Dual Tap Kegerator & Draft Beer Dispenser – Stainless Steel KC2000SSTWIN
There are a couple of upgrades to the Edgestar Kc2000TWIN that you may want to spring for.
First, you can purchase the same model with a digital display:
EdgeStar Full Size Dual Tap Kegerator with Digital Display – Black and Stainless Steel
This added feature allows you to send the kegerator into “deep chill” mode. This is good for fresh kegs that need to be rapidly cooled. Press the button once to run the deep chill mode, which send the compressor into overdrive. Press again to resume normal cooling.
Click here to purchase the EdgeStar Full Size Dual Tap Kegerator with Digital Display – Black and Stainless Steel
This model is also available with kegs, if you need a couple of those as well:
Edgestar Ultra Low Temp Home Brew Dual Tap Kegerator with Kegs – Black and Stainless Steel
Okay, So Which One? Our Top Pick Revealed..
The Edgestar Kegerator KC2000 is an excellent way to break into the world of home kegerators. Very reliable, reasonably priced, and practically guarantees a delicious pour every time.
Our recommendation is to go with the dual tap, digital display. If you are brewing one keg… you are going to want to brew a second. And if you brew a second, you are going to want to enjoy it in the comfort of your living room.
The extra digital display comes in handy when you need to cool a fresh keg quickly. It also gives you the ability to monitor the internal temperature without constantly opening and closing the door.
No matter which kegerator you decide on, be sure to purchase a cleaning kit. As Andy over at craftbeer.com says, “You don’t put in a pool and expect people to swim if you never clean it. No one will want to drink your beer if it doesn’t taste like it’s supposed to.”
Try this cleaning kit to keep your beer and lines fresh.
Now all that is left to do is decide- do you want the stainless steel… or black!?